This is a 4 hour course and practical session (which can run longer depending on your specific requirements), to give Taxi and Private Hire Drivers training on the various passenger needs they are likely to encounter, using safe and appropriate procedures. It is also suitable for non-accessible taxi drivers, and can also be used for preparation for the DSA Taxi Driving Test.
This course is aimed at raising awareness, but will not train you to the level that would be considered expert on disability.
The course agenda covers the following areas:
- Assisting and securing wheelchair passengers, focusing on accessible vehicles such as the TX, Fairway and Metro Cab style taxis.
- Passengers with walking difficulties.
- Passengers with visual impairment.
- Passengers with hearing impairment.
- Passengers with hidden disabilities.
- Specific MPV, private hire or other accessible vehicle training.
There will be an emphasis on code of practice and will include demonstrations and practical exercises, use of short relevant DVD material and each candidate will receive literature and guides.
To book this course, please use our Driver Training Course Booking form, and we will get back to you very shortly to discuss your requirements.