This is a 5 module course and is for anyone who wishis to train as passenger assistants (i.e. carers, care assistants or helpers), either as a driver or non-driving passenger assistant.
The course is based on Module A, but the course can be customised accordingly with other modules. The modules and the duration are as follows:
- Module A: Passenger assistant role – 3.5 hours.
- Module B: Assisting passengers with disabilities – 3.5 hours.
- Module B1: Assisting wheelchair users in transit – 3.5 hours.
- Module C1: Supervising children and young people – 1.5 hours.
- Module C2: Adults who require care and supervision – 1.5 hours.
The course agenda covers the following areas in detail:
- Passenger Assistants role and responsibilities.
- Legal, practical and safety issues.
- Health and Safety overview and Manual Handling procedures.
- Disability awareness.
- Emergency situations.
- Handling passengers with with learning difficulties.
- Sensory restrictions.
- Emotional or behavioural difficulties.
- Correct use of wheelchair, and safe use of lifts and ramps.
- Correct use of wheelchair and passenger security equipment.
Please note the following important points regarding the candidate before applying for this course:
- Organisations who wish their candidates to attend this course must be members of the PATS scheme (membership is free).
- The course includes a ‘hands on’ element and theory assessment.
On completion of the course, the candidate will receive associated literature (or optional handbook) and a nationally recognised CTA PA certificate.
To book this course, please use our online booking enquiry form, and we will get back to you very shortly to discuss your requirements.