This is a 4 day course for candidates that wish to become Passenger Assistant Trainers. It will be presented as modules as per the Passenger Assistant course (A, B, C1, C2).
The course agenda covers the following areas:
- Legal implications.
- Passenger safety.
- Collision and emergency procedures.
- Epilepsy, Autism and Dementia awareness.
- Disability Discrimination Act (DDA).
- How to demonstrate safe and correct use of lift and ramp.
- Correct use of wheelchair, and wheelchair user security equipment.
- Overview of Health and Safety and Manual Handling procedures.
- Duty of care and good practice.
- How to set up a training course.
- Recommendations and best practice for training.
- Administration and record keeping.
Please note the following important points regarding the candidate before applying for this course:
- They have the relevant work experience.
- Have the ability to pass on information gained on this course to others they are training.
- Be able to use training aids such as projectors, Microsoft PowerPoint etc.
- They will be expected to give a presentation on the course content and sit a theory paper.
- The candidates organisation is a PATS member (membership is free).
- If the candidate fails the presentation or theory, they may re-sit but this may incur an additional cost.
- If the candidate is absent from part or all the course then they will not be issued a certificate or training literature.
On completion of the course, the candidate will receive a PATS Trainers manual, handbook, associated literature, PATS registration and certification.
To book this course, please use our Driver Training Course Booking form, and we will get back to you very shortly to discuss your requirements.