The Course allows the desinated person (in-house) to assess, train the driving skills of their drivers, and would be able to award the MiDAS driver certification to their own drivers.
This is a 3 to 4 day course, depending on whether the candidate follows the “Standard” DAT (3 days) or “Accessible” DAT (4 days) agenda.
The course agenda for the 3 day DAT “Standard” course covers the following areas:
- Initial driving assessment.
- Driver fault finding information.
- Demonstration and commentary training.
- How to structure on-road driving assessments.
- How to conduct driving assessments.
- How to highlight common driving errors and provide solutions.
- Legal responsibilities.
- Passenger safety.
- Health and Safety overview and Manual Handling procedures.
- Breakdown, collisions and emergency procedures.
- Presentation and theory assessment.
- Administration and record keeping.
- Setting up training courses.
The course agenda for the 4 day DAT “Accessible” course covers the following areas in addition to the “Standard” course:
- Disability awareness including sensory impairments and physical difficulties.
- Wheelchair handling.
- Wheelchair and passenger equipment training.
- Correct use of lifts and ramp equipment.
Please note the following important points regarding the candidate before applying for this course:
- Your organisation must be a MiDAS member (membership is free).
- It is important that the candidate has good driving skills, and the ability to pass on information in a clear and concise manner.
- Is able to use training aids such as projectors, Microsoft PowerPoint etc.
- The candidate is required to pass a driving assessment before undertaking the course.
- The candidate must carry out a theory assessment and a 10 minute presentation based on subject matter taken from course content.
- If the candidate fails the presentation or theory, they may re-sit but this may incur an additional cost.
- If the candidate is absent from part or all the course then they will not be issued a certificate or training literature.
On completion of the course, the candidate will receive a MiDAS Trainers manual, handbook, associated literature, MiDAS registration and certification.
To book this course, please use our Driver Training Course Booking form, and we will get back to you very shortly to discuss your requirements.