This is the 4 hour general course and practical session to give an understanding of risk of injury to mustles, bones, ligaments, & tendons. Explanation of executive legislation and recommendations, as well as the consequences and costs of injuries within the workplace that are down to incorrect manual handing procedures.
Although this is a general course, we have trainers who can train staff in lifting equipment and other specialist aids, such as slider boards, turn tables, etc!
The course agenda covers the following areas:
- The HSE
- Basic risk assessment procedures.
- Understanding of how back, muscle, joints and ligaments work and how to avoid injuries.
- How to avoid and treat different injuries associated with manual handling.
- Practical examples and class participation in manual handing techniques.
- Opportunity to openly discuss and review any issues raised in the course around manual handing procedures.
On completion of the course, each attendee will receive a certificate and upto date manual handing literature and guides.
To book this course, please use our Driver Training Course Booking form, and we will get back to you very shortly to discuss your requirements.